Wednesday, September 3, 2014

All I Want for Christmas is....

Hello!  I made this card as part of the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "pick a previous challenge".  I selected sketch #5 from May 2012, which looks like this:
And here's what I did:
To make the bow, I used a fork and followed this video.   It's tricky at first but you get the hang of it after doing a couple of them.  Everything but the decorative paper is from Stampin' Up!.  The decorate paper is some old Basic Grey stuff I had from a cool collection called Figgy Pudding.  Wish they were still making it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Denise


8 comments:

  1. Another popular sketch and I just love your take! Great colours, super papers and I adore the sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Deborah! Love these challenges!

      Delete
  2. LOVE your use of trad Christmas colours. What a pretty card, Denise. The heart is just perfect! Thanks for joining our August Pick A Previous Sketch challenge at 52 {C}CT. Have a lovely day!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card Denise. I really like the colours you've used - they go really well together.

    Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week.

    Hugs, Gill xx
    52CCT Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gill! It was fun putting it together.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic work here, Denise! The cherry red with the light aqua is one of my favorite color combos. I love how you've put both parts of the sentiment together on the card front. Using the heart shape for the first part is a subtle way of emphasizing the "love" theme. I'm so glad you shared this with us at 52{C}CT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia, thank you so much for your comment! I loved putting this card together, so thank you for the challenge!

      Delete